Friday, November 13, 2015

The Zella Day Concert Experience

   Throughout my lifetime, I have only been to two concerts. Sad, but true. My first concert would be to the infamous One Direction at the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Best experience of my life. it was a very life changing experience I would have to say, but my second concert, that is a different story.
 
    The Zella Day concert was amazing. It was like a spiritual experience honestly. Okay, let me explain the setting. It was September 26, 2015. I believe it was a Saturday. The concert was in Fresno, more specifically, The Strummers. The doors were suppose to open at seven, but we (my friends and I) waited in line till about 7:30 and waited inside the actual venue for about an hour and a half. The wait consisted of listening to old 80's music, which wasn't bad at all, and standing since there aren't any seats inside. at around nine, the opening act came out. They were called Hawai.

     They were amazing. They're a local band from California. They're still new and all, do their set lasted about a good hour. Their songs were amazing, I'm just a bit upset I didn't take a good video of them. They were all super nice. Provided us with burned copies of their new EP that is yet to come out and I'm super excited for. One of my favorite songs from them would be In My Head. It's a great song, I'm sure everyone would like it. Hawai's set ended at about 9:45ish. It was another long wait, but it was extremely worth it.

      When 10 o'clock rolled around, Zella finally came out. I was estatic. She's so much prettier in real life then in her photos. Her speaking voice was so calm and slow, reminding me a bit of the female version of Harry Styles, but just a bit different. I guess she talks like she had just finished smoking weed. It was still nice though.

       Zella played sang her entire new album and two cover songs as an encore. I believe them to be a Johnny Cash song and a cover of Seven Nation Army from the White Stripes. Both extremely amazing. She really connects with the crowd. I got to touch her like twice. Sounds a bit weird honestly, but it's true.

        Only down side about it was that when Zella would put her arms out to touch the crowd, everyone would move forward and try to touch her too. I was basically squashed in the crowd about a hundred times.



     In the video above, Zella was singing was the song Jerome off her album Kicker. She sounds fan-freakin-tastic live. Also you could see how close proximity I was to her.

    I can continue to go on for days about how great Zella Day is. I recommend her to basically anyone that has ears. She is a kind person full of soul and sunshine. Give her a listen!

10/10 recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment